- The quality or state of being mediocre* (Wikipedia).
- The quality of something that is not very good (Merriam-Webster).
- One that displays mediocre qualities (The Free Dictionary).
- The state of fear, sometimes unplanned, sometimes deliberate, in which we are unable or unwilling to live to our fullest potential** (Rémy Ngamije).
- When what was seems better than what will be (Rémy Ngamije).
- That which kills slowly (Rémy Ngamije).
- Of only average quality; not very good (Wikipedia).
- Of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate (Dictionary.com).
- Of diminished talent***, potential, or power, hidden on purpose or by accident (Rémy Ngamije).
- Having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future (Wikipedia/Oxford Dictionary).
- Capable of development into actuality (Merriam-Webster).
- That which lies within everyone (Rémy Ngamije).
- Latent qualities or abilities that may be developed and lead to future success or usefulness (Wikipedia/Oxford Dictionary).
- The potency and promise of tomorrow, based on the things we have done or not done today (Rémy Ngamije).
- Natural aptitude or skill (Wikipedia).
- A capacity for achievement or success (Dictionary.com).
- A propensity to work harder at something long after everyone else has given up (Rémy Ngamije****).
- Just a guy.
- Seriously, just another guy.